Monday, October 18, 2010

Amazing Stories

Names, places, dates
Mothers, Fathers, Grandma's and Grandpa's
Brother's, Sister's
Aunts, and Uncles
Smiles, and Laughter
Family, God, Community Service
Remembered, Revered and Adored
A million stories of life lived
Many needed more chapters

Loving, Kind, Brilliant,
Outgoing, Funny, Loving
Hunting, fishing, Camping
Knitting, Tennis, Volunteering
Patriotic, Courageous, Surrounded by
Thanks to, in lieu of

Born in
Lived in
Served in
Married in
Buried In
All found in
The Obituaries.....

I don't know what age I started reading them but if I have a paper, you can bet I do. Its often like a puzzle as you take the bits and pieces that that family finds important and you try to piece the now gone lives together.

The most sad are the pictures of the youth, with little to no write up. I've begun to think it symbolizes a suicide, though I have no evidence of this. Perhaps a drug overdose. I'm not sure why I want to know but I always wonder "what happened to this beautiful person and did no one care enough to say one word other than when they were born?" Just irritates me I guess because I have two twenty somethings and for all their flaws I have a million good things I could say about each.

The well written ones, when applied to a young one can bring tears to my eyes as life can be painfully short and with regards to those that lived a full long life, you find some stories that can only be described as...

Amazing.

No comments: