Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lest We Forget

21 years later and I still can't help but think of how this was the beginning of the end for me.  Shit just was not making sense. Always thought when I got some rank I could effect some change on stopping the stupidity, I guess SSG just does not carry that weight.

Some say a mid career crisis, perhaps. I regret getting out every day as I hate most everyone I come in contact with out here.

You see, the worst day as a civilian, never ends like this.

http://thepatrolbase.blogspot.com/2010/10/embryo-stage.html

RLTW!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I posted before, beginning of the end for me as well.

I am comforted, however, that I know these men will never be forgotten. I saw the dedication many put in for the 20th anniversary and the Ride to Remember. I appreciate that more than those folks will know, even though I still couldn't bring myself to make the trip up there.

Thanks again for your blog. I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately, but know that there are those of us who feel the same things you do and thank you for posting what we can't bring ourselves to.

Hope life is treating you well.

William Green

Unknown said...

This is the hardest day of the year for me.

God Bless the family and friends of those lost on Merit 84.

May God continue to watch over us, protect us, and strengthen us.