Thursday, February 14, 2013

Water Cooler Chat

Yeah cuz there is going to work and chatting at the water cooler about mundane shit that happened in your office mates life and then there is this:


That will make you real excited about that drive to the office in rush hour traffic.

 And in case your wondering, everyone knows if you leave at 16 years you are entitled to NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, NOTHING. While smoking OBL is an awesome feat, Shadow Warriors are taking out HVT's nightly and well, they all know if you do 20 you get a retirement check if you don't well, you might get some disability but for most, it takes years before they come to the realization that the abuse they put their bodies through was not normal and yes, Uncle Sam should compensate you for those injuries.

 And who the hell gets out at 16 anyway? Christ, I would assume the Navy could have found a gym for the guy to hand out towels for the next 4 years or something. I find this all very bizarre, honestly. Not the article itself, I found the description of the mission to sound like I was talking to a guy who had been there. But the parts about unemployment, no compensation, no health care that comes off not like a guy who had to have some rank after 16 years, but like cherry private who was never educated on anything.

 And you've outed yourself, Brother. Someone will talk, they always do.

 What do I know, I'm so far removed from any of this that I think at times I just like to hear myself talk. Hell no one else listens.

EDITED TO ADD - turns out all GWOT veterans are entitled to 5 years of free health care regardless. So this story gets fishier and fishier. I refuse to believe a 16 year NCO did not know this.  And who the hell is checking facts at Esquire?

 Jurena...out

No comments: