Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Listern Learn then Lead



13th minute. - And you have to watch and take care of each other. I probably learned the most about relationships. I learned they are the sinew which hold the force together. I grew up much of my career in the Ranger Regiment. And every morning in the Ranger regiment, every Ranger -- and there are more than 2,000 of them -- says a six-stanza Ranger creed. You may know one line of it, it says, "I'll never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy."

And it's not a mindless mantra, and it's not a poem. It's a promise. Every Ranger promises every other Ranger no matter what happens, no matter what it costs me, if you need me, I'm coming. And every Ranger gets that same promise from every other Ranger. Think about it. It's extraordinarily powerful. It's probably more powerful than marriage vows. And they've lived up to it, which gives it special power. And so the organizational relationship that bonds them is just amazing.

 I can't believe I've had nothing to say for almost 2 months? End of the fiscal year for the US Govt. who is my primary client so work has had me running and gunning, cheap hotels outside of military posts, eating cheap food. Will try and catch up or get more active, I always find this a good place to come and voice my opinion, after all, I'm usually the only one here!

Greater Love Hath No Man...

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Sept. 26, 2011)—A U.S. Army Ranger was killed in action Sept. 24, during combat operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Sgt. Tyler Nicholas Holtz, 22, was assigned to Company B, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, at Joint Base Lewis McChord, Wash.

Holtz was killed by direct fire from enemy forces during a heavy firefight while conducting combat operations in Wardak Province, Afghanistan.

A native of Dana Point, Calif., he enlisted in the U.S. Army in October 2007. For more than three years, Holtz served as a rifleman and a Ranger Team Leader with 2nd Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment.

“Sgt. Tyler Holtz was a courageous and incredibly talented Ranger who died while leading his men against determined insurgents,” said Lt. Col. David Hodne, commander of 2nd Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment. “Tyler Holtz personified the Ranger Creed to the final moments of his life and his actions inspire us to do the same. We will honor his memory and mourn his loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Holtz family.”

This was his fourth deployment to Afghanistan.

“Sgt. Holtz had the stuff from which legends are made and possessed the character which makes up the foundations that our Army and nation are built on,” said Col. Mark W. Odom, commander of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Holtz is survived by his father Andrew Holtz of Capistrano Beach, Calif., his mother Karen Holtz, and his three brothers Luke, Hayden, and Michael, all of Dana Point, Calif.

No comments: